Unfortunately UMC is still doing what they have been doing – 5
1. Laws are to be obeyed, otherwise heavy penalties and punishments are to be applied. If someone violates the traffic laws, he/she has to pay fines or even can be arrested. What if a person violates the law, but there is no punishment at all, how you can say that it is a law. I believe it is not a law.
2. Last February 2019, UMC Special Conference made a decision to deny the One Church Plan but to follow the Traditional Plan, which is the genuine Church Law (2/23/2019 ~ 2/26/2019). Then as the next step, the Church should excommunicate the lesbian Bishop Karen Oliveto appointed against the Bible and the Church Law. Also the Pastors were ordained by her should be dismissed, as well as the people who appointed her as Bishop.
3. Even though the Conference prohibits sodomy by the Church Law, lesbian Bishop Karen Oliveto is still working in the church, ordaining pastors, and sending pastors to various churches. Furthermore, 11 Bishops declared that they will support One Church Plan accepting LGBTQ even the Conference denies the One Church Plan, and they are working on it (9/18/2018). I believe this is the act of destroying the Church against the Bible and the Church Law.
4. Martin Luther started Protestant Reformation to reclaim the authority of the Bible, which was trampled by Roman Catholic Church. The sin of Church at this age is interpreting the Bible for their own advantage. If every Bishop and every Pastor are interpreting for their tastes, the Bible cannot survive by losing God’s genuine Word. United Kingdom is the motherland of Pastor John Wesley, initiator of the Methodist Church, but after UK approves the same-sex marriage, the church became a bar, sold to Moslem, and lost its members greatly.
5. Pastors or Bishops are just messengers entrusted from God to deliver the Bible as the Word of God to the world. UMC shouldn’t commit horrible sins to destroy the church by interpreting the Bible with narrow insight following the current flow [Rev 22:18-19].
6. This kind of sin blocks the blessing and salvation of church members including himself/herself [Mt 23:13, Jer 5:25]. And the Church will lose its role as salt then will be despised by the world. Churches are to keep the Bible righteously. There are no blessing and salvation if the Bible doesn’t keep as God’s Written Word because the Bible has the promise of God’s blessing and salvation. We must keep the Bible!