Boycott Target, Bud Light face backlash over LGBTQ marketing

Keep the Bible

Boycott Target, Bud Light face backlash over LGBTQ marketing

Boycott Target, 

Bud Light face backlash over LGBTQ marketing

• Some retailers are facing backlash over their LGBTQIA+ marketing
  • Opponents are calling for consumers to boycott Target and Bud Light
  • Supporters: It’s an effort to be more inclusive and nothing is wrong. 
  •  

CHICAGO (NewsNation) — Brands and corporations are making more of an effort to be inclusive, especially as LGBTQ+ Pride Month approaches in June, but some retailers are facing backlash over their partnerships and Pride collections.

Target is taking heat for selling ‘tuck-friendly’ bathing suits as part of its Pride collection, which also includes items for babies and children. The design is made to help conceal male genitalia.

Consumers have also slammed Target for selling t-shirts that read “Queer,” “Trans People Will Always Exist”, and “Live, Laugh, Lesbian.”

Target’s collection has provoked outrage on social media, with calls for the retailer to receive “the Bud Light treatment.” Consumers have ignited calls to boycott Target.

Meet the influential new player on transgender health bills 

Meanwhile, hundreds of consumers have tweeted in support of the bathing suits.

“I see what it’s for, but I don’t see anything wrong with it,” one customer told NewsNation. “I think it’s cute. I think it’s dope!”

“I think whenever it’s an issue of identity, that’s a deep issue, and a matter of expression,” another customer told NewsNation. “There are people who want to express their identity and have a right to do so.”

Comments